To save some money, I decided to make my own dog treats, and it's a bonus that I know exactly what's in them!
I found the recipe from this super cute blog, Elephantine.
Peanut Butter Dog Treats (makes about 3 dozen)
adapted from Allrecipes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
1/2 cup hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
2. Mix together the flour and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter and hot water. Mix until smooth. Gradually add the dry mixture and mix well. Add a little more water if the dough is too dry, or flour if it's too wet.
4. Turn dough out onto your work surface and roll to 1/4" thickness.
5. Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly brown. Let cool, then store in an airtight container.
Let me know if you try it, I'm sure your furry friend will love it! x