Going somewhere? If you're like me and are dreaming of a nice getaway to somewhere warm and sunny, I'm sure you've also dreamt of what you're going to pack with you. Click through to see my essentials for a stylish vacation.
1. SUN PROTECTION - No matter if you were born with light or dark skin, you need just as much protection from harmful UV rays. Any type of protection is better than none, but at minimum, I prefer sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, a breathable hat, lip balm with SPF 15 or higher, and large sunglasses.
2. VERSATILE FOOTWEAR - You'd need at least two types of footwear: a pair of flips flops, and a pair of flats or sandals you can wear both day and night. You have to be ready for just about everything from a stroll along the beach at sunset to a nice dinner at the restaurant you've just discovered along the strip!
3. BEAUTY ENHANCERS - Take just the staples this time: waterproof mascara, lash curler and illuminator. Add on your favourite BB cream if you wish! But keep it minimal for that natural, gorgeous look.
4. STURDY LIGHTWEIGHT CARRYON - If you can pack everything into a carryon, more power to you! A lightweight luggage will do exactly that for you, and I love Rimowa pieces for that. It doesn't add too much weight, so you're free to pack in a little bit more.
5. BAG WITH MUST-HAVES - This is the only time you can really have fun with a straw bag. I'm currently on the hunt for one myself! An e-reader of your choice is also a must for combating boredom on the plane, and a chic cover to protect your passport.
6. NAUTICAL JEWELLERY - Dive into the nautical trend by accessorizing your outfits with an ultra-cool shark's tooth necklace or a pair of ship's wheel earrings.
7. FUN SWIMWEAR - Look extra cute while basking under the sun! Fun prints are key to help you stand out in style.
8. BREATHABLE, VERSATILE OUTFITS - Again, if your plan is to travel with just one carryon luggage, you'll have to pack versatile pieces you can mix and match. A white shirtdress should be your staple piece, but don't be afraid to include that cotton jumpsuit in that bright shade of coral--take it from day to night by just switching out your footwear!
Here are some suggestions to get you started: